Our products are hand-crafted individually. Furthermore, most of our products are hand-made from solid wood, hence variation in size, colour, finish, texture, natural grain pattern, knots, movement of timber, etc are an integral part of the way products are naturally made and promoted . We strongly recommend that you have made yourself fully aware about the nature of our offered hand-made solid wood products to avoid any disenchantment at a later stage. We regret we will not treat any of the above variations as defects, as these are natural occurrences.
The below attributes are considered as part and parcel of our handmade products. This is not an exhaustive list.
- Different shades of wood or finish.
- Slight design difference from picture – example the carving is not exactly the same as the published picture.
- Small filler marks – as long as the extent of filler does not cover a high percentage of the piece.
- Dimension differences – within acceptable levels. This applies to positioning of shelf or product height etc. and not just overall dimensions.
- Two pieces not being exactly the same – we already state that if a customer wants to ensure exactly matching pieces they must order ‘bespoke’ products.
- Fabric orientation – where the pictures on fabrics are not in exactly the same locations as on the photographs.
- Fabric colour different to picture – down to the difficulty in colour rendition of various computers.
- Gap around the drawers and doors to give room for change in temperature.
- In painted and screen printed items, a minor off-touch as the entire process is manually done and is not machine generated so variations do happen due to wood surface or otherwise.